Getting all the extensions

Started by
11 comments, last by Drath 20 years, 6 months ago
I have downloaded the OpenGL Extension Viewer and I have found that I am missing many extensions that I need to build a project. Is there a site I can download the latest stuff? I have searched but all I seem to find is a ton of information. Thanks.
Advertisement
This isn't really an OpenGL programming question. You just need the latest drivers for your card. Some links:

ATi.com
nvidia.com

google.com

[edited by - benjamin bunny on August 31, 2003 6:19:28 PM]

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

You need a video card that suppotr the latest extensions to have them all. What video card do you have?

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
I have installed the latest drivers and nothing has changed.
I have a Radeon 8500DV.
I need:
GL_NV_vertex_array_range
which does not sound all that complicated for the 8500.
I also need GL_NV_texture_rectangle and probably others.
The current nvidia ones I do have are:
GL_NV_texgen_reflection
GL_NV_blend_square
GL_NV_occlusion_query
You might want to take a look at Vertex Buffer Objects. I believe those are EXT or even ARB extensions, unlike the NV''s VAR extensions. I know VBO''s are supported by ATI.

Sander Maréchal
[Lone Wolves Game Development][RoboBlast][Articles][GD Emporium][Webdesign][E-mail]

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

You should get the specifications for your card and check whether the Radeon 8500 supports those extensions.

Hint: Radeon 8500 is made by ATI, so the supported extensions document is found on the ATI web site.

Hint 2: the "_NV_" part of the extension string mean that these are NVIDIA specific extensions.
I am certain that the extensions are supported in some way by the card because the ati developers site lists the extensions that I want. The file glext.h has the line:
#ifndef GL_NV_vertex_array_range
in it meaning that is there. I would rather not change the extension for all I am trying to do is build a downloaded program that uses nvidia''s Cg. It was an old example meaning I had to change all the Cg functions and I don''t really want to replace all the NV extensions considering I have no competance in OpenGL yet. I have not been able to find a specification of my card that lists the extensions supported yet.
A VBO can do thing as a VAR or VAO.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Well the closest I have come to an extension support list is a page that listed the ones supported by the GeForceFX 5900 Ultra and the Radeon 9700 and none of the ati ones were supported by the nvidia card and visa versa.
BUT... I can use the extension GL_NV_texgen_reflection on my card and it would seem very strange if the 9700 didnt also support at least this which I guess it does.
The site that showed this was:
http://graphics3d.com/cards.xls

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement