no red???

Started by
8 comments, last by austin 20 years, 7 months ago
Ok i just downloaded some sample code and compiled it. Whenever i run it the screen flickers and the code works except for the red. The red just doesn''t show up. I have no clue what''s wrong. Do you?
Advertisement
Check your pixel format.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
huh? No it worked before and now it doesn''t. I didn''t change any code. it just doesn''t show any red.
What did u change then? It can''t just start hiding red color
PM Times change...Excuse my poor english!
mine did the same thing until I tweaked my video card. Wierd, but now it shows up...

DON''T COPY THAT FLOPPY!
----------Invincible intelligence isn't evincible.
Strangely enough, I managed to lose the entire red channel from all of my computer''s video output (this includes the desktop and all applications) when I accidentally shook loose the monitor''s cord on the tower end (I rarely screw these things to place as I often disassemble my computer for one reason or another). Anyway, it really freaked me out and I was getting ready to take the monitor to be serviced and have my friend bring his graphics card over for testing, when I completely out of the blue decided to adjust the connection a little and everything went back to normal.

Umm... actually, I don''t think this is really related to the OP - well yeah, sorry about that ...
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
ok i checked the monitor cable. thats not it. it only happens when i try to run something using opengl. I tried installing an opengl game on my system (soldier of fortune) and when i try to run it the screen flickers and i get a message saying that my card might not be opengl compatible. I know it is because i''ve used this card before and it worked. I''m thinking the drivers that i''m using are messed up.
Check your window creation code again...I had the same problem when I started out. I don't know exactly what was causing the problem but I suspect it was a problem creating the window. Try playing around change to other resolutions 16,24, 32 bits and see what happens...

[edited by - FtMonkey on September 1, 2003 6:18:33 PM]
The monkeys are listening...
Did you recently install new video drivers? Did you install the correct one?

Sander Maréchal
[Lone Wolves Game Development][RoboBlast][Articles][GD Emporium][Webdesign][E-mail]

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

Thank You. I had the bits set to 16 and changed it to 32 and also set it to the right resolution. Everything works now. Thank you so much.
I still have the problem with soldier of fortune if anyone would like to help me with that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement