Pixels...

Started by
8 comments, last by vnebojsa 20 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I have a small picture (147*111), and I want to resize it to 640*480... But, when I do that the picture looks very ugly. (you know what I mean). Is there any other way to resize it, but not to look so ugly ? Neßo
Best Regards,Nebo VeronReal Command
Advertisement
Wrong forum?
Sorry, don''t know, but it reminds me of those image enhancements they do in the movies
You can anti-aliase the picture, but you can''t do miracles.

------------------------
- Seby -
www.dfhi-bomber.fr.st
------------------------ - Seby -www.dfhi-bomber.fr.st
Scaling an image that much is going to result in artifacts. There''s not much you can do to make it scale well. You can filter it or anti-alias it as theSeby said, but it''s still going to look like ass.

Josh
vertexnormal AT linuxmail DOT org

Check out Golem at:
My cheapass website
Some asses look nice.
Okay...
Well, yeah, scale it up with bilinear filtering for a less "block" effect: then apply some sort of sharpening effect?

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

bicubic+sharpen works semi-fairly well... if you want it to look real nice you´re going to have to do some retouching by hand though.
S-Spline

[edited by - prototype on September 4, 2003 1:04:45 PM]
I use PSP for most of my "Quick and Dirty" graphics, and the Bilinear filter gives a less blurry outcome than the Bicubic.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

If it''s a cartoony picture, converting it to a vector image then resizing may not look too bad. If it''s a photo or something, that would look really weird though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement