Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wodzu

problems with Automatic Texture-Coordinate Generation

Wodzu    122
Hi, i am begining my adventure with OpenGl. I've read a tutorial about texture mapping, but there is no tutorial how to map a texture on object with many vertex. For example a Sphere... How to automaticaly map texture on it? I know i should use GlTexGen(), but have problems with that... Here is a code how i load a texture and how i create a sphere... procedure LoadGLTextures; var texture1: PTAUX_RGBImageRec; begin // Load Texture texture1 := auxDIBImageLoadA('C:\earth.bmp'); if (not Assigned(texture1)) then Halt(1); // Create Texture glGenTextures(1, texture[0]); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[0]); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3, texture1^.sizeX, texture1^.sizeY, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, texture1^.data); end; function InitGL:bool; // All Setup For OpenGL Goes Here var Kula: GLUquadricObj; begin LoadGLTextures(); // Load The Texture(s) glShadeModel(GL_SMOOTH); // Enables Smooth Color Shading glClearColor(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0); glClearDepth(1.0); // Depth Buffer Setup glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); // Enables Depth Testing glDepthFunc(GL_LESS); // The Type Of Depth Test To Do glHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT,GL_NICEST); glEnable(GL_LIGHT0); glEnable(GL_LIGHTING); glEnable(GL_COLOR_MATERIAL); ListaCial:= glGenLists(1); Kula:=gluNewQuadric(); gluQuadricDrawStyle(Kula, GLU_FILL); //* smooth shaded */ gluQuadricNormals(Kula, GLU_SMOOTH); glNewList(ListaCial, GL_COMPILE); gluQuadricTexture(Kula,GL_TRUE); glTexCoord2f(1,1); gluSphere(Kula,1,75,20); glEndList(); initGL:=true; end; And here is how draw the scene function DrawGLScene():bool; begin glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT or GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); // Reset The View glTranslatef(0.0,0.0,-8.0+x); glColor3f(0.7,0.0,0.0); glCallList(ListaCial); DrawGLScene:=true; // Everything Went OK end; I will be very greatfull is someone tells me what should i add to my code to map texture on sphere. Regards, Wodzu [edited by - Wodzu on September 1, 2003 9:28:42 AM]

RipTorn    722
you don''t need to use glTexGen.

since your using GLU quadratics, the gluSphere command will make all the appropriate calls to glBegin/glEnd and setup the vertices with glVertex## If you also want normals, then you use gluQuadricNormals to set the draw style to generate normals (so gluSphere will also make the appropriate calls to glNormal##
Hence, if you also want texture to be applied, you need gluSphere to also make calls to glTexCoord##, then you need to set the texturing style with gluQuadricTexture.

simple, really.

| - Project-X - On hold (kindof ).. - | - adDeath - | - email me - |

Wodzu    122
I still dont understand how exactly tha should be done;(
I modified my code slightly, could you look on it and show me where i have made a mistake? Still i dont see texture on Sphere, i see only Red Sphere...

I am asking You for a patience

Thanks for Your time,

Regards,
Wodzu

Ps. And i dont know how to setup the GlTextCoord##

[edited by - Wodzu on September 1, 2003 9:32:55 AM]