What happened to OpenGL.org?

Started by
22 comments, last by benjamin bunny 20 years, 7 months ago
I go away for the weekend, come back, and OpenGL.org is down. Does anyone know what happened to it?

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

Advertisement
yeah, its offline now for more than 24hours, i think.. hm.. possibly more, possibly less..

well.. 99% is perfect, except when it comes to stability :D

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Alien Invaders!!! dam them :|
I''m guessing the servers went down and, it being Labor Day weekend here in the states, no one is around to get them up and running again. If it''s not up again by about 7:00 PM UTC on September 2nd, we may have reason to worry.

Id say the same thing that happed to my TAFE and thousands of home & business computers - the W32.blaster.worm
"Id say the same thing that happed to my TAFE and thousands of home & business computers - the W32.blaster.worm"

I like to think that opengl.org doesn''t use windows. but, i dont recall anything on their site saying what OS they run, so who knows.
I was wondering the same thing. I think it has been down since Saturday.

Does anyone know what is up?
quote:Original post by jeeky

not the website

"I like to think that opengl.org doesn''t use windows."

Considering all anyone needs to do to be immune to pretty much every Windows virus and exploit is to run a router and antivirus software, running Linux is a waste of effort.

In order to compromise IcarusIndie.com which is logged in as an admin on Win2K, you''d have to exploit Open Source software.

If they were dumb enough to leave port 135 pointed at a Windows box then they wouldn''t be running OpenGL.org. You can''t be that retarded and run a major web-site.

It was probably just a hardware failure of sorts.

You can always call Tony at 415-865-0645. Considering he''s the admin assist he should know.

Ben

[ IcarusIndie.com | recycledrussianbrides.com ]

Will Post For Food
quote:Original post by _the_phantom_
quote:Original post by jeeky

not the website

LOL! g1.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement