Best C++ compiler

Started by
12 comments, last by ehsen 20 years, 7 months ago
Which C++ development envoirenment is good. Actually i want a gui envorenment which shows the properties of object as in visual basic. Example: text1.list of properties Ehsen
Ehsen
Advertisement
Visual Studio .NET, Visual C++ 6.0 and Dev-C++ all do what you want. .NET is great if you have the money, if not, I recommend using Dev-C++ (which is free).

"Shinji woke up in the bath and screamed loudly.
He immediately checked for the presence of his manhood and
sighed in relief when he confirmed it was still attached."
Err, you might be best of sticking with VB then. Visual C++ uses either Win32API or MFC and is very confusing when you have previously done something like Delphi or VB. It does have a kinda visual form designer, but there is a lot more coding required as far as I know. (I have always given up and gone back to delphi) I use Visual C++ for developing with DirectX so I don''t need all those properties and things.
quote:Original post by hammerstein_02
Err, you might be best of sticking with VB then. Visual C++ uses either Win32API or MFC and is very confusing when you have previously done something like Delphi or VB. It does have a kinda visual form designer, but there is a lot more coding required as far as I know. (I have always given up and gone back to delphi) I use Visual C++ for developing with DirectX so I don''t need all those properties and things.

Wrong. You can use the .NET framework with C++ and the VS.NET IDE.

"Yeah, I would''ve killed you, but I''m glad I didn''t - the paperwork is a bitch"
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
Borland C++ Builder.
It depends on your budget. If you have the money, get Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Standard 2003. If you want the professional version, you can probably find it on ebay. Another choice is Borland Enterprise C++. You can download a trial from the Borland site. Borland also offers a free version of their compiler, with no IDE. Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 is very hard to find, but if you find it, it should be cheaper than any of the other compilers you need to pay for. I am currently using it on one computer, and it is very good. If you don''t have any money, you can try djgpp, a Windows version of gcc. Get it at DJ Delorie''s Site. Or, you can try Dev-C++. It is a very nice IDE based off of mingW. I use it, and it is very nice. Plus, the e-mail user group is very friendly and helpful. Get it at Bloodshed.net.

Scott Simontis
e-mail:ageofscott@comcast.net
AIM:ssimontis
Scott SimontisMy political blog
Mingw :D because it''s free, open source, GNU based, and has a cool SDK called "Dev-C++" :D

"My basic needs in life are food, love and a C++ compiler"
[Project AlterNova] [Novanet]
[www.LifeIsDigital.net - My open source projects and articles.
If you have the $ then VC .NET if you don''t and want a good IDE and compiler Dev-C++...
The monkeys are listening...
Visual C++ .NET 03 standard is very nice. So is Dev-C++, but I never did get the new version of mingw to compile my DirectX code (that compiled fine on the previous version).

You need to have the Dev-Pack for it to compile in Dev-C++. I have it, but haven''t tried it yet.

Scott Simontis
e-mail:ageofscott@comcast.net
AIM:ssimontis
Scott SimontisMy political blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement