Gah GLUT 2.0

Started by
13 comments, last by Puzzler183 20 years, 7 months ago
OK, here we go again...

I reinstalled it but no luck! This is really pissing me off. I even tried creating a project and including both libglut32.a and glut32.lib but still nothing. The source and errors have canged slightly:

#include <iostream>#include <gl/glut.h>int main(){     std::cout << GLUT_LEFT_BUTTON << "\n";     std::cout << GLUT_MIDDLE_BUTTON << "\n";     std::cout << GLUT_RIGHT_BUTTON << "\n";     std::cout << GLUT_UP << "\n";     std::cout << GLUT_DOWN << "\n";     return 0;} 

And the new errors are the same as the old ones only with @8, @8, and @12 appended respectively. Any more ideas Fruny?
Advertisement
Apparently the GCC package even in your newest version of DC++ is outdated. I recommend doing like what you mention and trying to find a GCC-compatible set of GLUT libs for Win32, or rebuilding them. The former will likely be easier on you, but my casual searching didn''t turn anything up.

Raloth: Had you read and understood every word, you would have realized that the library was already correctly linked and that the problem was one of using a different version of the lib from that of the headers.

BTW: the @N notation represents the number of total bytes in the parameters the function receives.

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

quote:Original post by ZealousElixir
Apparently the GCC package even in your newest version of DC++ is outdated. I recommend doing like what you mention and trying to find a GCC-compatible set of GLUT libs for Win32, or rebuilding them. The former will likely be easier on you, but my casual searching didn''t turn anything up.

Raloth: Had you read and understood every word, you would have realized that the library was already correctly linked and that the problem was one of using a different version of the lib from that of the headers.

BTW: the @N notation represents the number of total bytes in the parameters the function receives.

Later,
ZE.

Thanks although that sounded kinda bleak to me... Oh well, I guess I''ll have to try it:/

Bah, I give up, I''ll be forced to use VC6 >___________<...
Never give up. Try this.

Nah, try this first (put it before your inclusion of glut.h):
#define GLUT_DISABLE_ATEXIT_HACK

[edited by - zealouselixir on September 1, 2003 5:40:38 PM]

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement