Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHBrat

How to make a Hack Star craft

Tac-Tics    197
I *really* hope you mean a "hack" as in a mod and not as in an online hack.

If you''re trying to mod starcraft, look up a program called StarEdit on google.

If you''re trying to make a hack for multiplayer starcraft, go look somewhere else.

/¯\_/¯\_/¯\_/¯\_/¯\_/¯\
"You TK''ed my chicken!"
\_/¯\_/¯\_/¯\_/¯\_/¯\_/

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
www.playagameofgohideandfkyerself.com, should help you and "your brother" nicely :-)

This must be one of the most stupid threads i''ve seen here so far

sSimontis    100
Anyone who talks about hacking on gamedev.net as cracking will be chased out of this site and flamed red hot. You don''t mean the art of hacking, you mean cracking. Bad.

Scott Simontis
e-mail:ageofscott@comcast.net
AIM:ssimontis

felisandria    739
Yes, I'm watching, have been since the thread came up more or less.

I'm waiting to see if there is a clarification as to whether he actually means hacking/cracking, or if he means he wants to do a level mod.

Until that point I'll leave this open.

-fel

[edited by - felisandria on September 1, 2003 3:48:17 PM]

owl    376
quote:
Original post by monkey_32606
That was nearly as bad as the goat.

[edited by - monkey_32606 on September 1, 2003 4:37:56 PM]

[edited by - felisandria on September 1, 2003 5:02:12 PM]

ROFL! He should get so banned for that.

Wise and foolish, despised and admired, inhabitant of dark and lonely places. In early Indian folklore, Owls represent wisdom and helpfulness, and have powers of prophecy. An Owl''s appearance at night, when people are helpless and blind, linked them with the unknown, its eerie call filled people with foreboding and apprehension.
Few other creatures have so many different and contradictory beliefs about them.

JHBrat    122
Okay don't get pissed! he used the turn 'hack' if you like it to be modify level then fine. In my case it is control a program. which i think is a Challenge... Anyway no one has ever been willing to tell me how to acces othe programs or anything... so at least i try to learn new things.

Finally if you'd perferr me not to access other programs like games. i will make my own then access them.... then u cann't crap about it...

PS. The loser who typed "www.playagameofgohideandfkyerself.com"
Why type that? that has nothing to do with this anywhy and a person learns better by mistake, so if it was a mistake i just learned more that u...

PS again: "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up." - Rev. Jesse Jackson (think of that everyone)

[edited by - JHBrat on September 1, 2003 8:40:09 PM]

I saw starcraft in a jewel case package for 6.99 the other day. I thought of buying it just for more licenses. You should go that route rather than cracking it.
on the other hand, I personally see nothing wrong with cracking exe''s as long as you''ve already bought the game and you don''t distribute your crack so people can pirate it...although I''m sure that piracy is the intent 99.9999% of the time... People used to do things like this just to learn something.

Extrarius    1412
JHBrat: As a few generalizations in relation to online games: Gamers hate cheaters. Game makers don't like cheaters because it ruins the experience of people playing their game. This site is full of both, so asking how to cheat will not be received well.
If you mean 'hack' as a program to remove/bypass copy protection, well many people here are or plan to be game developers and don't want people taking their money, so again the question will not be well received.
If you mean something else, then clarify your question to avoid future flames.

[edited by - extrarius on September 1, 2003 8:54:41 PM]

JTippetts    12970
There is some information here about modding StarCraft if you are interested. I honestly have no idea how up-to-date any information there is going to be, since I haven''t browsed through there in a long time. The demise of Camelot Systems kinda threw a crowbar into the finely meshed gears of the SC mod community, and I don''t know if anyone has picked up the slack, or if you can even find StarDraft anywhere anymore. Best of luck to you.

Josh
vertexnormal AT linuxmail DOT org

Check out Golem at:
My cheapass website

JHBrat    122
if i won''t be recieved... then y have u given crappy angry resonses. Why didn''t you guys say we don''t want the term HACK used we perfer to use MOD. Then this is the General Programming section of GDNet. So accessing data from other programs is part of programming so what is your problem with me asking it here.

I do agree that cheating takes the fun out of games and i would not want people cheating on my games. But i want to know how to access other programs (and my brother wanted me to too).

So to end this disaster SORRY (even to the jerks that pissed themselfs).

And thanks you for the few that helped not put me down. And now i learned not to say hack but use mod and use my games and programs not commecial stuff...

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
My brother wants me to make a hack for start craft.. does anyone know how to do this? or any links>>>

That was the sum total of your original post. I left my Stupid Question -> English dictionary at home, so I was not able to derive that you wanted to create a modification to "Start Craft". If you want help, don''t hold back the info. We are not mind readers. You should be more humble when asking for help. Also, I would not go around quoting an idiot like Jesse Jackson and expect to be taken seriously.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Ok that is not cool insulting a wonderful speaker like Jessie Jackson. Banning for you!!

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
a wonderful speaker like Jessie Jackson

You meant to replace "a wonderful speaker" with "a race warlord". It''s ok though, these mistakes happen.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Not at all. Jesse Jackson has done more to hurt race relations than anything else. Martin Luther King, Jr. is rolling in his grave right now. If anyone has embraced racial differences at the expense of progress, it''s Jesse Jackson. His view of the world doesn''t allow for color-blind decisions. Everything is racially charged and everything is a symbol of white America''s hatred of blacks.

Raloth    379
Ok ok... To make up for that thing earlier, here''s some info:

http://www.infoceptor.net/custom.shtml

Download one of the "StarEdit" enhancers from that page to get a good site.

You should also search on google for the program "SCM Toolkit". It will let you do some neat things like protecting your maps and changing unit colors. The StarCraft modding community kind of died when http://www.campaigncreations.com went down. It had some great mods on it and plenty of programs.

For the real mods StarDraft is what you want. I''m not sure if it was ever finished or not though. There was a predecessor but I can''t remember what it was called. StarDraft lets you edit the buttons, change unit properties like adding attacks, etc.

And finally, if you want to get creative, the program ISOM Editor will let you make square terrain. I don''t know any good links for it, unfortunately. The only one I do know is at a true hacking site (I visit it though because it also has some very legitimate files and news) which I can''t give out on the boards. If you can find StarDraft though you should be able to find plenty of links. Good luck!

IllMind    122
quote:
Original post by JHBrat
if i won''t be recieved... then y have u given crappy angry resonses. Why didn''t you guys say we don''t want the term HACK used we perfer to use MOD....
So accessing data from other programs is part of programming so what is your problem with me asking it here.

Modding and Game hacking to two completely different areas. Modding is benifical to the community, hacking is detrimental to the community. You cant just say... "Oh whatever, I want to prove myself to my brother because he thinks hackers are cool, but since you guys dont like the term hack i will call it a mod".

If you are trying to access data from starcraft WHILE it is running to feed to an outside program OR to change it with an outside program, then that is generally considered a hack or a ''trainer''. Now if you just want to write a program that could increase your money while playing a single player game, then you need to specificlly ask that, and I dont think anyone will have a problem with it. However if you want this money increaser ''trainer'' to work online with battleNet, then everyone and their mamma will hate you.