I can't create the REF raster...

Started by
1 comment, last by bcome 20 years, 7 months ago
Uh, I got this problem under DX9, I got DX9, installed & running, But, I cannot create any device (including the refrence device) so does ne1 kno what I can do? (To at least create the refrence device.)
<!-- ................................ -->u r what u bcomeMy (XHTML 1.0 Strict) Website
Advertisement
1) The reference rasterizer is only available if you''ve installed the SDK - i.e. it''s intended for development purposes only. Retail DirectX installs won''t have it installed.

2) Go to the DirectX applet in the Control Panel and ensure that the "Enumerate Reference Rasterizer" option is ticked in the Direct3D tab.

--
Simon O''Connor
3D Programmer &
Microsoft DirectX MVP

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Make sure you download the latest SDK from Microsoft.

I had a strange problem recently, where, despite choosing to install the debug version of the runtimes, the DX9 SDK install didn''t install the REF device, debug versions of the libraries, or the DirectX control panel applet. However, it did install all the samples, libs, includes, etc.

I was using the SDK that I''d downloaded when DX9 was first released, so I downloaded the current DX9.0b SDK from Microsoft and installed that, choosing to install the debug runtime. Everything was fine - REF device was there, debug libraries and control panel applet.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement