Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pothead

first screenshot..

Pothead    130
yep. this is my first GAME engine(not a demo), terrain is still BF but I'm currently implementing ROAM and other things too.. ALOT of thanks goes to GameDev.net for good online resources. [edited by - Pothead on September 1, 2003 5:28:27 PM]

Sfpiano    126
Looks nice. Might I ask you how you don''t draw parts of your terrain that aren''t in the frustum. I have a quadtree, and I have which parts of it are in the frustum, but I don''t know how to tell my program to not draw those other triangles. Thanks.

//---------------------------------------------------------
The great logician Bertrand Russell once claimed that he could prove anything if given that 1+1=1. So one day, some fool asked him, "Ok. Prove that you''re the Pope." He thought for a while and proclaimed, "I am one. The Pope is one. Therefore, the Pope and I are one."

Pothead    130
as I said the terrain is still brute force with no frustum culling.. I''m currently implementing ROAM with frustum culling.
It''s dark for testing terrain normals so I could see if they are calculated fine..
I''ll tweak around the lighting when I finish the sky for timeofday changes.. that''ll be after I get that roam working..