What program to use for simple 2d graphics?

Started by
4 comments, last by jemts 20 years, 7 months ago
I am a begining game programmer and I am interested in what program to use to make the images for my games. I read alot of review for programs and I don''t know which I should use. I am considering Photoshop (but thats too expensive probably), Paint Shop Pro or Macromedia Fireworks. What do you think I should use? Thanks
----Jemts"A Hooloovoo is a super-intelligent shade of the color blue."- Douglas Adams
Advertisement
Paintshop Pro is great. It''s not too expensive either. Photoshop is great for photo work/websites, but it''s too much for simple art.

Brian J
DL Vacuum - A media file organizer I made | MM
Brian J
You could always try out the Gimp www.gimp.org. Its nice little open source 2d art app.
what do you think of macromedia fireworks?
----Jemts"A Hooloovoo is a super-intelligent shade of the color blue."- Douglas Adams
well i''m a graphist and i still use m$paint it''s free and you have already got it

why take a tank for smashing a bee??

but if you want a tank even a mes tank there is a lot of free logiciel through the web then forget these market-chick which will lead you to PIRACY,

PIRACY is bad, FREE is good

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
be good
be evil
but do it WELL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I have always liked Paint Shop Pro. Very feature rich and easy to use. Never used Fireworks.

You can also consider use Blender for creating 3D images, then taking screen shots at various angles to create very nice 2D animations. You would still need a 2D package for cleaning up the images.

First make it work,
then make it fast.

--Brian Kernighan

"The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men and women who can dream of things that never were." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement