• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSAA

This topic is 5252 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, I''ve been reading up on full scene anti-aliasing, and I''d like to make the feature available in our game engine. I came across a demo which uses the following lines to enable it, however I can''t seem to duplicate the feature in my own code. glHint(GL_MULTISAMPLE_FILTER_HINT_NV, GL_NICEST); glEnable(GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB); I''m green to using glext.h and glprocs.h from the glSDK, and there''s probably an updated version someplace, so any help, definitive online sources for using extensions, etc, is appreciated. MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.cjb.net

Advertisement
dont you also have to enable a multi-sample buffer in your window creation routines?

hmmm i had some code somewhere which setup FSAA in windows, i''ll see if i can dig it out/find the link (although, if i dont get time and Opengl.org is back up try the forums there and search for FSAA and see what it throws back as thats where i found it)

OK, so I''ve come across some more info. SDL requires/permits 2 values set at creation time (SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES and SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS). I''ve recompiled the 1.2.6 library version and added the above lines of code to the engine, but still nothing. :-\

I know that AA works as I can set it through the Display control panel. Argh.

MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.cjb.net

Hi!

I''m using SDL with Linux and i get beatiful fsaa
with these settings:
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_RED_SIZE,8);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_GREEN_SIZE,8);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_BLUE_SIZE,8);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_ALPHA_SIZE,8);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_DEPTH_SIZE,24);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_STENCIL_SIZE,8);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER,1);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS,1);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES,4);

Thats all i do, no enable, disable or hinting.
Card is a Ge 4 Ti 4200 with latest drivers.
Hope this helps.

• Advertisement