Help with Skyplane not looking good

Started by
4 comments, last by MARS_999 20 years, 7 months ago
I have a skyplane up and running. I am multitexturing it as of right now. 1st texture is a skyblue color 2nd texture is a black background with white clouds rendered using photoshops filter and alpha channel My sky looks like crap. Here is the filters I am using. /source] glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[SKY]); glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE); glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[CLOUDS]); glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_COMBINE_ARB); glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_RGB_SCALE_ARB, 2); [/source] I as of right now have tried both tiling the clouds texture and stretching it over the whole skyplane. Strecthing looks like crap. Blocky. Tiling can''t get the image to look right in the sky. Would anyone have a screenshot of their sky I could look at? Also does anyone have any free textures of their sky I could download to see if my skyplane is close to their using the same art work? If so I can email you a screenshot to show you the results. Thanks
Advertisement
what are your parameters for GL_COMBINE?
or rather, what are the defaults?

what are your glTexParameter(GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, ...), glTexParameter(GL_TEXTURE_MAX_FILTER, ...) settings?

Waramp.

"Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, when you do insult him, you''ll be a mile away, and you''ll have his shoes."
Waramp.Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.That way, when you do insult him, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes.
quote:Original post by WarAmp
what are your parameters for GL_COMBINE?
or rather, what are the defaults?

what are your glTexParameter(GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, ...), glTexParameter(GL_TEXTURE_MAX_FILTER, ...) settings?

Waramp.

"Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, when you do insult him, you''ll be a mile away, and you''ll have his shoes."

Using the defaults for combine whatever they would be I haven''t set any.

Filter settings are set to 16x anistropic filtering
linear for max
mipmap liner_linear for min

I am to tired to look up the correct parameters but you get the idea. Thanks
Anyone know of a good site that shows the differences in using the different glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_COMBINE_ARB);

effects of using the various function calls? I have not clue on using them and have looked on the opengl.org but isn''t much help. I am trying to take a blue texture for sky color and use multitexturing, with texture unit 1 I have a image with alpha channel and I want to lay it over the blue texture so it looks like clouds? Or am I going about this wrong? Thanks
Well I am unsure if I got the clouds looking right, but now my issues is with the skyplane and animating the clouds. When I add to the texture coord x or y the clouds look fine from one direction but rotate the camera and ugh, now you can see its fake. So how do I over come that problem? I though that was why you used skyplanes or skydomes was to be able to animate clouds and such? Thanks
anyone?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement