What is 2''?

Started by
17 comments, last by Orikal 20 years, 7 months ago
Could someone tell me what 2" means? I'd search for it, but no search engines recognize " . context: show that 2n = O (3n), but 2" does not equal big-Theta (3n) [edited by - Orikal on September 2, 2003 1:46:19 AM]
Advertisement
Second Dirivative.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

But that doesn't make sense when applied to a constant. To use a hypothetical example, if f = 3 * x^2, then f ' = 6x and f " = 6, meaning the second derivative of 3x^2 is 6. But 2' makes no sense.

~CGameProgrammer( );

[edited by - CGameProgrammer on September 2, 2003 1:31:12 AM]
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
quote:Original post by CGameProgrammer
But 2' makes no sense.

lol, tell me about it. I'm beginning to think it's some weird notation that the author of my textbook invented. Guess I'm not going to get much credit for that problem.

[edited by - Orikal on September 2, 2003 1:45:42 AM]
Is there any chance the 2" was actually 2n where the top of the n was cut off in the photocopy or scan or bad printing?
Nah, it''s very clearly a double-prime and someone asked about it in class. Too bad I wasn''t paying much attention at the time.

I think I''m going to assume 2n for its meaning, though, cuz that makes the most sense.
if it is 2'''', it might just give the answer of 0...

2'' = 0
0'' = 0

... dunno...
Two inch perhaps??

Sander Maréchal
[Lone Wolves Game Development][RoboBlast][Articles][GD Emporium][Webdesign][E-mail]

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

yeah, 2" = 2 inches, 2'' = 2 foot
2 to the power of 11?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement