Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Master Mofo

WTK and Win2K

Master Mofo    122
I''m using the J2me Wirless toolkit. and I made a Hello World example. The compilation is fine, but the run time is not. It fails to run (Not crashes). you see, the code does not have to do with it. there''s something wrong with the Dlls of the toolkit. I''m using Win2K andI have read somewhere that I need to install Service Pack 5. is this right?

Michalson    1657
Go back and check your code, and make you downloaded the right toolkit for your operating system. Just because something compiles doesn''t mean it will work, it just means there where no syntax errors. BTW, there is *no such thing* as Service Pack 5 for Windows 2000.

Nairb    766
Your phone emulator should display some kind of error message. Tell us that...

Here are some potential problems:
Failure to preverify - most programs won''t run on a phone if the midlet isn''t preverified by the emulator''s tool.
Mucked up manifest - Make sure your manifest talks about the correct midlet and all that nonsense.

If your emulator will run other midlets, then it''s most likely a fault on your end and not the OSes.

Motorola used to offer a free version of Metrowerks CodeWarrior wireless edition which handled all the nasty little details (verifying, writing up the manifest) for you... I don''t think they do anymore. :-( I don''t have much experience with the wireless toolkit though.

Hope that helps,
--Brian