Animations

Started by
11 comments, last by Ruudje 20 years, 7 months ago
quote:Firstly it is tedious, secondly, they wont appear as 1 mesh when they move or rotate. When u bend you character, there will be a hole near his spine, something like FF7 characters. Bones make use of 1 mesh and therefore, you don''t see these problems when using bones.

Tedious I don''t mind, the meshing problem is pretty easily solved, and I like the freedom it gives. Is there any performance issues though?
Advertisement
I think milkshape is what u r looking for ,MV. u can export many ( I mean realy many) file formats and the add skeletal animation to it.
And to load and animate Milkshape3d files go to http://rsn.gamedev.net
quote:Original post by tresspassor
quote:Firstly it is tedious, secondly, they wont appear as 1 mesh when they move or rotate. When u bend you character, there will be a hole near his spine, something like FF7 characters. Bones make use of 1 mesh and therefore, you don''t see these problems when using bones.

Tedious I don''t mind, the meshing problem is pretty easily solved, and I like the freedom it gives. Is there any performance issues though?

I would like to know how it can be solved. As for performance, there shouldnt be any hit at all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement