Python?HELL YEAH or DAMN NO!!!!!

Started by
18 comments, last by Mihail121 20 years, 7 months ago
quote:Original post by Arild Fines
"Not worth it" as in you have better things to do with your time? Don''t learn it then. I am sure the Python community will survive without your help.

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]

Oh i''m pretty sure they''ll live without me but you know what...they''ll definetely live better without YOU

http://mihail121.tripod.com

Advertisement
Someone has a mounting attitude problem.
Well, R2D22U2..
quote:Original post by Nervo
Someone has a mounting attitude problem.

jepp

our new version has many new and good features. sadly, the good ones are not new and the new ones are not good
quote:Original post by Fruny
The only non-python code I have written in the past year or so was C++ extension code for python.

Impressive, but what are you doing?

I admit that it''s been a year since I''ve done anything in C++ too. But I tried Java, C# and Lisp instead...
It''s good to learn if you use or want to use Blender.

First make it work,
then make it fast.

--Brian Kernighan

"The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men and women who can dream of things that never were." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
Cut the personal attacks Mihail. You''re already on probation, so you might want to rethink your attitude here.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
I think learning Python a little can be good. That way, if you need to learn it in the future, you already have a base to work on
Of course, you have to consider what you could possibly use Python for. Some programmers just don''t need to know anything about it and still manage.

I think some other people around here need some change in their attitude or some help with it. I know Mihail is not popular around and people got their reasons for that, but others play dirty with him. Mihail is the one that is visible, but "more wicked forces lurk in the shadows that nobody notice"...
quote:Original post by Mihail121
Ok here is the explanation(let''s turn this into serious thread):i''m planning on learning the python language and i''ve downloaded the interpreter and all but i don''t fully think it''s worth it.So what do you guys think about it?

Why do you want to learn it, and when you do, what do you plan on doing with it?
Python is good depending on what you want to do with it.

EDIT: Beaten to it, as usual.

[edited by - cowsarenotevil on September 2, 2003 10:08:47 PM]
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
I have recently wrapped a C++ library I wrote for uni using Boost:ython

Now instead of starting a new C++ project I just fire up the Python interpreter and use it like matlab. It rocks.

I''d also like to hear people''s opinions of the Boost build tool bjam. The only documentation I can find on it reads like an abstract academic document on the principles of the build process which doesn''t help very much.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement