2D game project: NEED HELP!

Started by
20 comments, last by gamedever 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi. Here is my recomendations:

MSVC++ 6 - I know it''s not the latest but it works well enough for my
DirectX - most definatly go for this. The SDK is 250 megabytes so you''d wana hope you or one of your friends is on a cable conection.
MS Paint - I want to talk about this a bit, in the next paragraph
Rhino 3D

Ok, first MSVC++ is fully compatable and easy to setup with DirectX (both are Microsoft product, so natuarly they are designed for eachother), and the larger percentage of tutorials you will find on the web are based for MSVC++. MSVC++ allows easy access and managment of files, whereas Dev C++, to my knowlage, only allows you to edit one file at a time. And I wouldn''t know how to link all the files together.
MS Paint - ahhhh, good old Paint. I have Photoshop, but I would have to say that for 2D graphics it does not come close to the ease and simpleness of Paint. In Photoshop I can''t even edit pixels indiviually without creating new layes etc. Ms Paint is great, but only if you are willing to spend time to practice and learn to become a good pixel artist.
Rhino 3D - I have used Milkshape and Pov-ray but the do not come close.

But considering you have no money to spend... DevC++ may be about the best you can do. DirectX SDK is free and available from the Microsoft website. MS Paint is probably already on your computer. Rhino 3D is available for an evaluation version, but expires after 30 days. Milkshape and Pov-ray are free to download.
Advertisement
What they said. I''m not ready to make a game like that but I came across this site its got some stuff that might intrest you.
http://www.gamemaking.com/

veni vidi vici
"Be excellent to Each other" Bill and Ted
veni vidi vici"Be excellent to Each other" Bill and Ted

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement