Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gamedever

2D game project: NEED HELP!

gamedever    122
Hi, its Mark again. I have some questions about this project I''m working on. I have one year to design and develop a 2D scrolling game similar to Mario. I need some help with it please. I would like to know information on the best language to use (I hope C++, because that''s the best language I learned), the best graphics program to use, and the best compiler please (I have Dev-C++ 4, and my budget is $0!). If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Mark (the GameDever) Mark Sumerix

Turt99    283
If you know C++ use it.. If you have Dev C++ then use it..
Your going to want to learn something to do the graphics. Personally I''m using SDL because I just want to do 2D things and for that its cross platform and easy to use but its whatever you feel most comfortable with that you should choose

There are alot of Tutorials that should help you with Direct Draw if thats what you want to use Game Genesis is a great on that I used to get started ..

Good Luck

Please visit Turt99 Productions

Peon    276
If you''re really cool, you can make a Mario ASCII game Seriously, if you spend all your time trying to learn graphics, and making the graphics, you won''t have any game to go with it. That''s what happened to me anyway. Making it on a console may or may not be a good option for you, but it''s kind of fun, and you can completely focus on your gameplay.