Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lincsimp

Appwizard

The DX appwizard from the DX9.0 SDK requires some changes to work with VS.NET 2003. I forgot what the error message you get is, but if you try to copy the VS.NET appwizard into the right locations for VS.NET 2003 and try to use the wizard you should get an error message. Search for the error message on yahoo or google and the first hit from microsoft''s site had instructions on converting vs.net appwizards to vs.net 2003.

I''m looking at the files I have. I can''t seem to find the document I found on Microsoft''s site... but here are the changes from memory:

I''ll use the C++ wizard, but the C# wizard needs the same changes. The .vsz files are the ones you need to edit.

Open the Dx9AppWizard.vsz file and change the "Wizard=" line to this:

Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.7.1

Then either add or change this line (I think I had to add this line to the end):

Param="ABSOLUTE_PATH = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\VCWizards\Dx9AppWizard"

Those were the only changes needed. There are some files that go in your VS.NET 2003 folder under Vc7\VCWizards and some others that go under Vc7\vcprojects.