Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoaringTortoise

Wireframe Quads, not Tri's?

Just briefly, is it possible to get DX to draw wire-frame, but instruct it to skip drawing a particular part of the tri? I have a wireframe toggle in my map editor, and all the diagonal lines make things a little confusing. I suppose I could use a line-list but... that''s a lot more work than just FillMode=WireFrame.

quote:
Original post by Raloth
No...there is a thing you can set so it renders everything with lines. I''m not sure what it is though.

Right. It''s SetRenderState(D3DRS_FILLMODE, D3DFILL_WIREFRAME). But because Direct3D does not have native support for quads, rendering quads would turn out to be rendering two tris, which would have the diagonal.

---
Brent Gunning | My Site

Guest Anonymous Poster
You could use a texture that''s basically just a box. Then when you render normally it will look like "wireframes" of quads.

OK, but with a line-strip you''d still get the diags, unless you create a seperate buffer to hold the line strip data.

This is really quite a minor bit of functionality, only visible to the map editors anyway so I''m not really willing to put in huge amounts of effort.