error..:(

Started by
1 comment, last by RaistlinMajere 20 years, 7 months ago
when i compile my project i get no errors. then when i run it i get these:
akblak.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl findWinner(int * const)" (?findWinner@@YAXQAH@Z)
jakblak.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl totalIt(int * const,int * const,int)" (?totalIt@@YAXQAH0H@Z)
jakblak.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "char __cdecl getAns(char * const)" (?getAns@@YADQAD@Z)
jakblak.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl playerGetsCard(int *,int * const,int * const)" (?playerGetsCard@@YAXPAHQAH1@Z)
jakblak.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dealerGetsCard(int *,int * const,int * const)" (?dealerGetsCard@@YAXPAHQAH1@Z)
jakblak.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl initCardsScreen(int * const,int * const,int * const,int * const,int *)" (?initCardsScreen@@YAXQAH000PAH@Z)
can some one help me? -thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------"Shut up and eat your cheese sandwhich"
Advertisement
I assume these functions are part of a header file, and their definitions are in a related cpp file.

Basically, the problem is the compiler can''t find the function body. If it couldn''t find the function name, you would get a different error, but in this case it''s the body. So, you need to find out if the cpp associated with the header is including the header. Also, if you are using VC++, then you also need to make sure the cpp file is included in the project (add it to the source files folder in the project explorer, or whatever it''s called).

You''ll see this later, if you get into graphics programming, if you fail to link the proper libraries.

Do you use your powers for good or for awesome?
|GYAH!!! | Association of Computing Machinery|

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

The defintion and body of the function is all in the same file.
And the .cpp file is in the project.
-----------------------------------------------------------"Shut up and eat your cheese sandwhich"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement