• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quad Tree in STL. Is it posible?

This topic is 5283 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Helo Is it posible to implement a Quad Tree by using STL. Quad Tree will be used for large outdoor areas of the game. Requarement: * If ( node is NOT in camera view ) { Dismis this node and all other child nodes! } else RenderSubnode(); Q1) Is it posible to implement this kind of Rendering/Scene Hierarchy by using STL containers or do I have to code Quad Tree myself. Q2) Where can I found good free Tree library with which I can realize Quad Trees, and similar Trees?

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by davidkosenina
Q1) Is it posible to implement this kind of Rendering/Scene Hierarchy by using STL containers or do I have to code Quad Tree myself.

IIRC, there is no built-in tree structure in the STL (other than maps, but that''s not what you want). So you''d have to implement the interface for one around one of STL''s container.
quote:
Q2) Where can I found good free Tree library with which I can realize Quad Trees, and similar Trees?

Have you check boost.org?

Cédric

Well the Standard Library has no tree concept, but SGI has a tree thing in STL. I haven''t looked at it.

• Advertisement