Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keba

Strange Lightmap problem

I'm trying to setup a scene with lightmaps, in the scene there is a cube. the lightmap is rendered to a file by 3d studio max. all the side of the cube is in one Bitmap. The cube is also using another Texture. in my FVF i got 2 sets of uv's and both of them are filled. i also got a normal, diffuse color, xyz. But when i render, not all the sides get rendered correct. the cube and the first texture is rendered correct, but the lightmap is not rendered correct. If i increase the size of the cube, then all sides are rendering correct. i have stepped through my program a several times, but the second pair of uv's dosen't change, but when rendering they are screwed up. but on the other hand i don't think its the uv that are failing, because when i appyed the same uv coordinates on all sides of the cube, not all sides get screwed up. My question is what can possible cause these problems? have i used wrong FVF? should i include or exclude something from it? i'm using a modified version of Jim Adams Nodetree, but i'm not using X-files. [edited by - Keba on September 3, 2003 11:25:01 AM]

Maybe you should disable Mip-maping on the light-map texture. Is the resolution of the lightmap identical to the texture''s resolution? If there identical, then mip-map probably isn''t what is causing this.