Easy game development

Started by
4 comments, last by ehsen 20 years, 7 months ago
Do you know about any 3d graphic engine which may be easire than directx. Actually i am trying to understan directx but the problem is that i am also learning maya it is also a complicated job. I am want to create a high level 3d game but i am alone. i can handle modelling, animation and special effects and even programing aspects. Can you please tell me about a software which make game development process easire because you know one person can not do everything. Ehsen
Ehsen
Advertisement
There are some ready-made engines out there...

Hi-level gamedeving is not going to be easy, however

Niko Suni

You could take a look at Crystal Space. It''s an open source 3D engine. Or you could check out OGRE, another open-source engine.

At any rate, there is nothing easy about making a game, even with a ready-to-use 3D engine.

Good luck.

Josh
vertexnormal AT linuxmail DOT org

Check out Golem at:
My cheapass website
One step at a time

I would suggest first learning either a 3d graphics API (OpenGL is MUCH simpler to use than DirectX in my opinion) or an engine (no recommendations here).

Once you know what your engine can support, move on to Maya or some other modeling program and create your models with how the engine will handle them in mind.

And by the way, there is at least one thing that is easy about making a game...

losing your mind...lol
Crystal Space is foul demonry. I've never seen an engine so bizarrely convoluted and unintuitive. After fiddling with it for a while and getting totally frustrated, I gave up on it and switched over to OGRE. Maybe it's just the contrast between the two, but OGRE must be the coolest piece of software I've ever seen in my life. Doesn't have nearly as many features as CS (no shadows, no physics), but it's getting there. You should see the demos. Badass effects in like 100 lines of beautiful C++, and it scales well too.

[edited by - twix on September 3, 2003 5:24:13 PM]
Hi, I have to agree with some of the others, maybe you are trying to do too much at atime. For me programming is much more important than modeling, you can have all the models you want but if you don''t have a program to put them in what use are they?
But having said that, if you like modeling or you are talented at it then that is a good skill to have any way. About directx, I''m just starting to learn that as well, it is hard, but it''s not impossible and from what I can make out there are bits of it you only have to learn once, like initial setting up etc. Get some sample codes of Directx program demo''s etc (you need a bit of understanding of C++) and then literally go over it line by line. Don''t be put off if you put the effort into it you should get there. At the end of the day, i think it''s difficult to start
but once you''ve got over that first bit, (learnt how dx works)
then it gets easier.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement