Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EvilEye

New version of Legends released.

Im sure you''re all exited. Go here to get the new version: http://www.darkstarentertainment.nascenthosting.com/ Same site, new location. This version should fix the speed issues so many people were experiencing. Also I would like to point out I develop on win98. When I ran my game on winXP it crashed after the gameover screen, and I have no idea why. Maybe its just the crappy e-machines. But if the same thing happens to you just post it here, along with system stats. My system stats are: 1 ghz amd processer 256 mb ram win98 Also I beefed the starting guy up a lot so you could test out all the spells. If you want a good battle go up and to the right and you should see a red guy running around. Facing him and pressing ''a'' will make you attack him.

quote:
Original post by Telmo_Amaro
The game looks nice, hope it runs on P2.

Anyway, very nice you actually finished a RPG. Congratulations.

Telmo "Shyro" Amaro
codingdreams.xrs.net

Well not finished yet, its just a game engine demo. The finished version will use a random world generater ( im working on that now ).

It looks like it is running at the correct speed. By the way, I am running WinXP and it didn''t crash after the game over screen. It just quit, unless that''s you were referring to.

I played it for a bit, till I got attacked by some people coming at me and then died. I love the sound effects lol.

It looks nice overall, and reminds me of back in the day when I used to play the first Ultima games

Here''s my system config:

Athlon XP 2600+ @ 2.1ghz / 400mhz fsb
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro w/ latest drivers
WinXP Pro w/ all service packs
512mb Kingston HyperX DDR400

That should be all the spec''s that will be useful to you. If you need more, just let me know.

Michael Bartman
CEO, Lead Programmer
Dark Omen Studios

Cool thanks for checking it out.

A way to tell if it crashed is if there is an sderr.txt file in the directory. You open it up and look at what it says. Its supposed to return you to the title screen after it says game over, if it doesn''t it means it crashed.

Hmm, well I am working on a new memory allocation scheme that should make memory allocation and de-allocation much cleaner with no possability of hanging pointers, and I''m hoping thats the problem here. Cause if its not then I have no clue, it runs perfectly on my Win98.