NERDS

Started by
6 comments, last by FrancoisSoft 20 years, 7 months ago
NERDS, they have no life... They know too much... They don't get any play... They don't spend time with their friends or families... I think they're even more than selfish. They don't even think of themselves!!! One can code but not be a nerd. Here's how you do it. You live out your day as a normal person should live it. Work as little as possible and buy as little as possible. Your family and friends are first. Code in the evening for a few hours. Try to code in your sleep. I have found that by doing this I can do a lot in a few hours. Have fun doing other things! In other words try to find new hobbies and don't become to overaddicted to them. Put money last - family, friends, and expanding your knowledge is worth more than all the money Bill Gates has! And... PARTY!!! (Don't overdo it!) I know of people who partied too much and ruined their lives! And lastly, travel. (Learn about what other cultures do!) And there you have it - the programmer's antinerd way of life! Edit: I think I posted this in the wrong section! Sorry. Could you move it to the GD-NET Lounge. Thank you! Hey, don't forget to visit my page... by clicking here! [edited by - FrancoisSoft on September 3, 2003 7:16:09 PM] [edited by - FrancoisSoft on September 3, 2003 7:18:06 PM] [edited by - FrancoisSoft on September 3, 2003 7:18:45 PM] [edited by - FrancoisSoft on September 3, 2003 7:19:28 PM]
Advertisement
quote:Original post by FrancoisSoft
NERDS, they have no life... They know too much... They don''t get any play... They don''t spend time with their friends or families... I think they''re even more than selfish. They don''t even think of themselves!!! One can code but not be a nerd. Here''s how you do it. You live out your day as a normal person should live it. Work as little as possible and buy as little as possible. Your family and friends are first. Code in the evening for a few hours. Try to code in your sleep. I have found that by doing this I can do a lot in a few hours. Have fun doing other things! In other words try to find new hobbies and don''t become to overaddicted to them. Put money last - family, friends, and expanding your knowledge is worth more than all the money Bill Gates has! And... PARTY!!! (Don''t overdo it!) I know of people who partied too much and ruined their lives! And lastly, travel. (Learn about what other cultures do!)

And there you have it - the programmer''s antinerd way of life!

I don''t see how a geek has to get a life. A geek is just someone that is more knowledgable in the computer field. A geek may have a life, then they may not.

I also don''t see how you can tell someone how to run their life. Just because you don''t like it that way, or you do it a cetain way, doesn''t mean another person has to.......please lock this, this is pointless.
quote:Original post by raven_soul
NERDS, they have no life... They know too much... They don''t get any play... They don''t spend time with their friends or families... I think they''re even more than selfish. They don''t even think of themselves!!! One can code but not be a nerd. Here''s how you do it. You live out your day as a normal person should live it. Work as little as possible and buy as little as possible. Your family and friends are first. Code in the evening for a few hours. Try to code in your sleep. I have found that by doing this I can do a lot in a few hours. Have fun doing other things! In other words try to find new hobbies and don''t become to overaddicted to them. Put money last - family, friends, and expanding your knowledge is worth more than all the money Bill Gates has! And... PARTY!!! (Don''t overdo it!) I know of people who partied too much and ruined their lives! And lastly, travel. (Learn about what other cultures do!)

And there you have it - the programmer''s antinerd way of life!

I don''t see how a geek has to get a life. A geek is just someone that is more knowledgable in the computer field. A geek may have a life, then they may not.

I also don''t see how you can tell someone how to run their life. Just because you don''t like it that way, or you do it a cetain way, doesn''t mean another person has to.......please lock this, this is pointless.

I''m knowlegable in the computer field and I''m not a geek! I run a lot of things...
And I think you''re a lamer. Just because you''re afraid that they might be better than you at programming doesn''t mean you have to try to degrade them with name calling.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
It''s not secret NERDS are better than me at programming but they''re annoying. How can they learn so fast in so little time?
It''s not secret NERDS are better than me at programming but they''re annoying. How can they learn so fast in so little time?

Maybe because they actually care about programming, and (OMG!) enjoy it? Most of the people here program almost primarily for fun, not for money. As I said, rather than being a lamer and getting banned, learn to live with the fact that they''re better at some things than you and enjoy it, rather than telling yourself and others that they''re ruining their lives and doing something they hate.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
*yawn*

Are you done with your self-worshipping yet? I really don't care. I feel this was not posted with the intention of actually improving people's lives; it was posted with the intention of giving you a false sense of superiority over those who are different from you. It seems that you've even done this before. I wish I could provide a link of that time that you completely insulted the graphics of someone else's game (it was pretty recent, I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about), especially since I took the time afterwards to look at your projects. Frankly, I was more impressed with the project you insulted than with any of yours.

Of course, that must be why you're now on probation.

cows has a good point! I program because I love programming and I study mathematics because I love it. What omnipotent deity has given you the authority to dictate how we should live our lives? What gives you the right to insult us for not being "normal"? Better yet, what is your definition of "normal"? Who are you to tell us how to sort our priorities and dictate what our hobbies should be? Who are the people know too much? How do you justify saying that anyone can know too much?

You make me sick. I hope you are banned very soon and never come back.

EDIT: BTW, I believe Francois is probably trolling to bait us into going to his website. After all, if he's going to go around insulting people, we might as well be able to see what "great achievements" he has made. Makes me even more sick........

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer,
fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the
double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...
-- Terry Pratchett

[edited by - Kentaro on September 3, 2003 8:14:00 PM]
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer,fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about thedouble-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon... -- Terry Pratchett
Shouldn't you be saying that to your family doctor instead of telling us? As long as you pay him by the hour he'll be glad to listen to your personal problems.

So... anyone else agrees with me that this thread is totally pointless?

Francois, even if Nerds don't have a life (as you say), at least they don't make games where a duck shoots lasers at a tie fighter. Sorry to say pal, but that is just so damn sad...

Telmo "Shyro" Amaro
codingdreams.xrs.net

[edited by - Telmo_Amaro on September 4, 2003 7:23:22 AM]
- Telmo Amaro -

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement