Learning MFC

Started by
3 comments, last by Laroche 20 years, 7 months ago
Im trying to learn MFC by taking on a small project of making a sort of 2D modelling tool, which just really lets you draw dots and connect lines to them in a heirarchy format, sort of like bones in traditional 3d modelling tools. You could then just move them around. But I''m having some trouble, and here are my questions: 1) What part of doc/view architechture in MFC is responsible for creating multiple frame windows? Do I have to derive from the default class they supply when you create it or just add it in? Or something else? 2) If I have a class which had representations of bones/lines which was made before I tried to put it into MFC, where should I put this code? Should it be moved into a class derived from CMyAppDocument? Or into that class itself? Sorry If im asking some questions which have been asked before, but I havent found them in any threads before. Any help is appreciated!
Check out my music at: http://zed.cbc.ca/go.ZeD?user_id=41947&user=Laroche&page=content
Advertisement
I would reccomend a book. 1001 Micro$oft Visual C++ Tips has about 500 MFC tips.

Scott Simontis
e-mail:ageofscott@comcast.net
AIM:ssimontis
Scott SimontisMy political blog
im really strapped for cash right now, and even though I work for a computer book store, I just don''t have the cash required. I was hoping to be able to pick some up just from tutorials and asking questions, but its rough going.
Check out my music at: http://zed.cbc.ca/go.ZeD?user_id=41947&user=Laroche&page=content
check the tutorial archives here at the site. there was one a few months back about using MFC to make tools that covers the questions your asking. i read through the tutorial, if i remember right you handle the custom views by overriding the OnClientCreate method of one of the classes, but i can''t remember exactly which one. Im thinking its your main CBlahApplication class... look it up in the tutorial to be sure.
"I never let schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain
Or check www.maxcode.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement