Mipmap level?

Started by
1 comment, last by Neoteric 20 years, 6 months ago
Is it possible to manually select a mipmap level? I used GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP_SGIS to make them but want to render to a specific level through out or bound to separate texture units. Is it worth finding out how to use GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias? Preferably I would like to stick to glTexParameteri( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_BASE_LEVEL, 2 ); glTexParameteri( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAX_LEVEL, 2 ); But for some reason it runs very slowly. [edited by - Neoteric on September 21, 2003 8:59:38 AM]
Advertisement
The glTextImage2D and glTexSubImage2D funtions both take for the second parameter the mipmap level to which you want to upload the texture data.
Sorted it a while ago,

glTexParameteri( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP_SGIS, GL_TRUE);

...generates new mipmaps whenever the base image changes, changing the base level obviously does this again, so mipmap generation needs to be switch off.

Only problem is now I''m drawing to a pbuffer and I can''t force an update of the mipmaps now, so the only the first frame rendered gets down sampled. If anything is rendered under original size it all goes wrong.

Help appreciated.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement