• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kodd

How can I Draw on another game

This topic is 5391 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The game is 3d and uses exclusive mode bpp(its not windowed). I need to draw simple lines on it during gameplay. I read somewhere that I need to get its directx object but I know nothing about directx. Please tell me how to draw on it or where to start. Thanks a lot.

Advertisement
Sorry to be so blunt but what the hell r u on about. Let me get this straght u want to get someone elses game, and add lines to it, is it compiled or code??, your not making sense u have to explain a bit more what u r looking for?

you're right,

there is a commercial game called delta force: black hawk down
i dont have its sorce code( i have the games instalation on cd )
the game has a buil-in minimap.
im writing a program that can find out the location of the enemies in the game world. Its in visual c++. I figure out after some calculations, i could just draw an isosceles triangle(with two equal sides) to represent the location and direction of the enemies over the minimap, kinda like the spaceship in Asteroids. I have almost finished the program except for the drawing part which I dont know don't how to do. Can u please help me?

[edited by - kodd on September 21, 2003 11:40:58 AM]

An example might be that of Decal. Decal hooks into the DirectX dll''s and replaces the dd/d3d creation functions the game uses. Then it can render to the buffer... Search for Asheron''s Call +Decal on Google and you should be able to find the source.

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser

If you want to write cheats for a game (I'm assuming you're trying to write an MP cheat here), look for help somewhere else.

[edited by - Monder on September 21, 2003 11:45:41 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!