• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luckless

Tile Graphic Engine Choices

This topic is 5387 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I''m taking the plunge from doing texted based dos games. (All of which have been crapy and are no longer with us anywere. no great loss there) Anyway, I could use a bunch of choices on ways to have my program display my graphics, (I''m hoping for 45 degree isometetic tiles,) So what sort of options does one have that are easy to learn, and render fast, able to handle tile bases of like 4x4 and display rectangle based graphics. (with layered tiles, so I can have my buildings like 32 pixels wide, but still show them 40 high) Not sure on how I would want map storage, but I''m thinking of needing to have the units/men in the game be rendered seprate of the main interface, so they act like a square of 100 men, and not single men. (I''m looking at a dual time, (Turn based managment, realtime combat) medieval kingdom sim, sorta like lord of the realm I/II only a lot better. Before you say do something simpler, I am, I''m starting with combat with just one unit, then a few units, then differnt classes of units,... I don''t start small for small, I start big and take small steps) Well, I''m likely giving more info than needed, thanks for any help I get.

Advertisement
"I don''t start small for small, I start big and take small steps"

lol.. that''s great!! You might want to have a look on source forge. http://www.sourceforge.net

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!