• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Randy187

Unreal map file format (ut2003)

This topic is 5478 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Even if you did know the format, it would be almost suicide to try to use them in this raw format. I say this because the original Unreal file format consisted of many interweaving streams which was almost impossible to read unless you read it exactly like the engine reads it (with all the sub-systems, etc.). If this is anything to judge by, the Unreal 2003 file format must be frickin'' crazy.

Chris Pergrossi
My Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"

I want to know that format because it has a very good bsp compiler and level editor. But i think i can better use the quake level format then. Any good links to a level viewer with source code?

The only way you can use their editor for your levels and app, is through t3d files. At least this is the easy way I have support for Unreal Tournament and Devastation (little difference in how they name textures) t3d files in my editor. But as i see from your posts you want to use the BSP compiler, so i can''t help you much. Sorry.

HellRaiZer

There is a lot of info available from http://unreal.epicgames.com/ . It''s not about the latest version of the Unreal file-formats, but it might help you to get somewhere.

Also, there are open-source Delphi units that can read the Unreal map and other package formats available from http://www.acordero.org/ , along with some documentation on the package format.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!