• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stefu

bezier, spline, etc.

This topic is 5476 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Looks good by the content! I need just the curve sections for a school work but I am myself interested in surfaces too.

Any other books about curves available?

When I was writing mine, I bought a bunch of books. There are a decent number of books, chapters of books, and online resources out there, but the two I mentioned are the most readable IMHO (assuming you''re fairly comfortable with relatively advanced math)

Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials

"Applied Geometry for Computer Graphics and CAD" by Duncan Marsh, publisher Springer (the yellow academic books in your local university bookstore). It has 4 relevant chapters:
Curves
Bezier Curves I
Bezier Curves II
B-splines

Altogether over 120 pages on curves, plus a further two related chapters on surfaces. It's a mathematical rather than computing textbook, so there's no code samples or example programs: this ups the density of mathmatics, but may not suit everyone.

The rest of the book (the first third of it) is on transformations and coordinates, especially homogenous coordinates and projective transformations - not directly relevant but still very useful for computer games graphics.

More info here

[edited by - johnb on September 22, 2003 7:14:21 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!