recommended 3D engine book using DirectX?

Started by
4 comments, last by EvilKind 20 years, 6 months ago
Are there any good books similar to André LaMothe - Tricks of the 3D Game Programming Gurus-Advanced 3D Graphics and Rasterization but using hardware/DirectX instead of a software engine? I''m looking for a recommended 3D engine book using DirectX. Real-Time 3D Terrain Engines Using C++ and DirectX 9 by Greg Snook, is this something that may suit me?
I got 2 books, one on game programming and another on miracles so I can understand.
Advertisement
the best book is this one.. something about networking

but in the end you create this network playable game with two robots shooting at each other..

anyone remember the book?

I gave it to a friend awhile back to borrow... i need to get it back

quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
the best book is this one.. something about networking

but in the end you create this network playable game with two robots shooting at each other..

anyone remember the book?

I gave it to a friend awhile back to borrow... i need to get it back

I think you're talking about "Multiplayer Game Programming" by Todd Barron. Linkey

This is one of the books in the Andre Lamothe series.

Another book that I have liked is "Game Coding Complete". Once again, Linkey. It talks about Game programming from a more generic level, but most of the samples use DirectX.

[edited by - bL0wF1sH on September 22, 2003 8:26:33 PM]
Jason Olson - Software Developer[ Managed World ]
Thanks for your advice,

I''ve had a quick look at these books. I''m not sure about the Multiplayer Game Programming as I''m not working on a multiplayer aspect for my game.

I''m also not sure about Game Coding Complete. Is it taking you through a complete DirectX 3D engine or just picking areas of game programming practises?

I''m more for a book on DirectX that shows you how to make a 3rd-person perspective player and world, stage by stage. Any body found this wonderful book?
I got 2 books, one on game programming and another on miracles so I can understand.
You can try Jim Adam''s book (Programming Role Playing Game..) or 3D Game Engine Design by Eberly (Not simple but effective)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world : those who know binary system and those who don''t.
really any book that uses the ''build a game'' approach is nice.. since you can start by changing around the existing game ... the books that just show different 3d concepts are good references

that networking spends most time going over 3d.. ive read about 10 game programming books and thats my fav so far

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement