• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zergdeath1

Librarys

This topic is 5563 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
I think you need to do some research for yourself .

But what I can tell you though is that both C and C++ have libaries full of most of the functions you will ever need.

In plain C theres
math: Defines math constants like pie has trig and all of the other basic math functions;
string: like copying one string to another comparisons ect..
stdlib: it includes alot of other libaries for you I cant rember its functions off hand;

Basically if you want it its there.

In C++ theres the STL which is usefull as hell. Lots of data structures like lists and hashes. Theres boost.org which expands on the standard C++ libary and STL with stuff like regular expressions.

That should get you started.

"A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise a computer running Microsoft® Windows® and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft."

It depends on what you mean by librairies. Libraries in there strictess sense are simply a package of precompiled code that you may use. Basically you do a #include followed by the file name and then use them just like you would if your wrote your own code. (You can call the functions with the arguements and use them just like if you actually had wrote the code yourself) That works for static librairies at least. You also have shared or dynamically linking libraries. They get a little more involved depending on platform and design. However, they allow you to compile a smaller code of your own. (The code you use is loaded at runtime when your executable asks for it).

You''ll have to specially link any libraries besides the usual ones. Libraries are necessary to do basically anything besides standard C/C++ math and control statements, i.e. drawing on the screen, sound, etc. In windows, (dynamic) libraries are kept in .dlls. In unix, .so or something like that. Examples of common libraries used in games include OpenGL, DirectX, SDL, GLUT, standard C libraries, standard Windows libraries, etc.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!