• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dapeos

I hope someone can help me.(.net problem)

This topic is 5385 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been programming in c++ with visual studio 6 for a while and have had no problems. Well I wrote my current project using my new visual studio.net 2003 pro, and it was a pleasure until I found out that in order to run any exe produced in .net one needed the .net frame heirachy installed on their computer. This is a free 21mb download and no problem to install, but to ask someone to try your 500k game and then tell them that they will have to download the .net frame is a pain. SO I decided use visual.6 to make my exe and just port over my header and source files to visual.6, problem is I get an ungodly amount of errors and I don''t know why, compiled great in .net not in .6 and I program the same way I always have. So can anyone tell me what might be going on, or give me a link to what in c++ .net might accept that .6 won''t, the errors by the way make no sense I see no problem with the lines it catches, and yes I believe everything is linked correctly. thanks so much for your time -marc

Advertisement
First of all if you needed the .net library for a c++ app that means you used the managed interfaces (winforms etc.) That also means that you cannot program it from VS 6. If you want to use C++ in VS 2003 and not have to distribute the .net library with it make an unmanaged project.

can you give me a link to the difference between managed and unmanaged code because I code the same and am copyand pasteing the .net code into a new .6 workspace with new files.
thanks
-marc

Create a new Visual C++ Win32 app, not anything that contains .net, and it will work just fine!

----------------------------------------------
Petter Nordlander

"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. The who understand binary and those who don''t"

when you start a project in VS 2003 choose the "Win32" project near the bottom. Also another problem you may be having is if you did a mfc project. The mfc libraries have changed in VS 2003. As long as you do not choose any project that has (.NET) in the title you will not have to use and distribute the .net library.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!