• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

las6

::limefly texture gallery:: [free textures - link inside]

This topic is 5389 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just thought that you guys here at gamedev.net forums might find this useful, and a nice place to get textures for your projects. Although I know many of you use targa textures and other file formats, I don't that these will hurt either. www.limefly.vze.com Or alternatively: www.limefly.tk (default texture is 512x512 jpeg with reasonably high quality. There are also .png's for the textures that need transparency.) If you like the site, all I ask is that you register and become an active member of the yet tiny community. :D [edited by - las6 on September 22, 2003 2:34:05 AM]

Advertisement
Wow, nice site! That''s definitely going into my bookmarks!

quote:
Original post by las6
If you like the site, all I ask is that you register and become an active member of the yet tiny community. :D

Hmm, I''m not sure if my artistic skills would be suitable . Maybe I''ll do that once I acquire a graphics tablet and stop sucking so much at art...

Well, you don''t have to be an artist to be a part of the community. Comments, ratings and any feedback on the site/textures you can give would help a lot too. Also, the site could use a little more ''life'' = forum activity / users online.

But if you ever start making textures (or something like that), you cand upload them easily.

Seem to have seams or have seams?
As far as I know, all of my textures should be fully seamless. (at least the ones that are meant to be seamless)

So would you care to give examples on non-seamless textures on the site?

EDIT:
I have now checked all the textures on the site manually, and found aroun 6 that could be improved. Two of the textures were just lacking the notice of being only horizontally seamless. Others had minor errors, hard to notice if you haven't done them, though. But I didn't find a single texture that wouldn't be seamless at all.
But if you do, please report it to me.

So I'm really curious to see if this is a problem is just because they don't *Look* seamless or that they wouldn't be seamless.

[edited by - las6 on September 23, 2003 4:44:01 AM]

okay, well.. have to say, there aren''t That many of those horizontal only textures. Max 20, I''d say. I''ve marked them with the search word "horizontal" or "vertical" for vertically seamless ones. Some horizontal or vertical textures Do work repeated both ways, but it might look kinda funky. (And I''m not talking about seams)

(I did a search for horizontal and ended up with 12 results)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!