MMORPG - the basics

Started by
11 comments, last by trapdoor 20 years, 7 months ago
Class Interaction meaning..

How will each class interact with each other in ways of combat, grouping, socializing and trade skills.

What will each class bring to the table? Why would one class want to trade with another class? Will one class have a special skill that will require other players to interact with them?

For example, in Star Wars Galaxies, I played an Architect. As an Architect, everyone wanted something from me, houses, factories, harvesters. But, there was nothing that another class could provide for me that I would want. If no other class is providing a service for me, then why would I want to provide them a service? It was a one way street.

-Takenoko
Advertisement
I would definitely make sure that each class would interact with other classes. Here''s a list of possible classes. If one feild seems slow, it will be possible to change classes... after all it''s just a job. You might need training though.

Police - To protect the universe from your everyday morons and to deal with criminals. They are mainly planet / orbit bound. Not venturing out a lot.
Army{Red - To protect on a larger scale against criminals.
Army{Blue - Same as ^^ but either allies or enemies of other armies.
Technician - Repairs damanged ships - May deal with storekeeper, teacher and people who need repairs.
Storekeeper - Seller of goods. Buyer''s of others. - everyone
Scientist - Wide range from Explorer''s, historians, researchers. - deals mainly with themselves and sells their biggest findings to others.
Medical - Either manages a ship that helps keep people alive (usefull if I put in perma-death) - deals with the hurt and dying.
Teachers - trainers of all other classes. - deals with those who want help.
Freelancer - does what they want. - deals with anyone.
News reporter - reports interesting news... usually live or film type. On major evens like a corporation being world dominating, or the assassination of a major leader. - Deals with top story makers.
constructor - builds things using the needed materials. (only a few can actually build things. - not good at collecting materials though.
analyser - studies new weapons to make blueprints.
spies
Corporate trader
Armoured transporter
smuggler - for when those nasty blockades or martial law is declared.
bounty hunters / Hitmen - "i don''t like him...."
Pirates
bartender - to mix drinks but also to be a source of "information"
Crimelord / thugs - wanted but left alone mostly. like the mafia.
criminals - the wanted solo type. terrorists, mass murderers.

Morons - Face it, they''ll show up.

----

I didn''t know if i could use tables otherwise i would have made it much neater, every class will have a need and each need can be met by someone else. If you can think of other carriers or classes, that''s be nice.

As far as changing classes, some feilds it''s ok but others there''s a penalty if you change at the wrong time... or maybe i won''t let you change. Like if you become part of the police force, you must fulfill at minamum amount of time before you can choose to change carriers again. You can''t become part of the police if you were a known criminal before.

Criminals must be caught before getting sentenced. Hackers (people who break the game, not hackers in the game) won''t need to be caught as they are ruining the game for others with cheating. Some criminals will get sentenced for a few months before being let go on probation much like in the real world. Others might be sentenced to die. (I''ll even make breakouts possible)

An execution would be one thing a reporter would want to cover. I would even want to have the admins of the game spark things if nothing has happened in a while... like putting a hit on the leader of a major corporation. or kidnapping someone.

The ships would also allow people to travel around in while it''s flying. I''d want open space... no paths. Every fair sized ship will have subspace engines capable of flying to other systems real fast. But also to be able to stop in the middle of nowhere to hide. Long range scanners for large army ships to find criminals hiding like this..... soooo many ideas.

Now to program it
iKonquest.com - Web-based strategy.End of Line
haha... that would be great if you actually allowed players to choose "Moron" as their official class!
-solo (my site)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement