This is funny!!

Started by
5 comments, last by cryo75 20 years, 6 months ago
I created a basic d3d app (640x480) which just clears the device to black, enters beginscene, displays fps (using id3dxfont), ends with endscene and calls present. Result: 54 to 60 fps!! So I said to myself... I''ve got a 3ghz machine, 1gb hdd and an nvidia 5200 card... this is just impossible... So then I created another basic d3d app using the samples that come with the sdk (ie. d3dapp, d3denumeration, d3dsettings, d3dfont, etc) and I got a working app in about 30min. Does the same stuff as the first app but includes lostdevices, etc... Result: over 900fps Jeez... How can this be possible? I''ve even went through the D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS struct a million and one times to make sure I''m using the right parameters but the first app just got stuck at 60fps... Is there some comprehensible explanation for this weird stuff going on??? Ivan
Advertisement
VSync?
If you see your framerate locked to 60fps, that''s pretty much always the result of VSync (syncronizing to the vertical blanking period of the screen), which in D3D is controlled by the swapeffect parameter of the present parameters. 5200s are slow, but not that slow =)

is it just me, or is this not so funny?
Fastjack@hackermail.com
I didn''t laugh
no its sooo funny i am wetting myself!!!!!!

NOT!!!

it''s not funny
You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.
Don''t EVER get a job as a stand-up comedian...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement