Can you help me,PLEASE (DirectX)

Started by
4 comments, last by Shadow2 20 years, 7 months ago
Let me start from the top. I wan''t to make some program using directx (9.0 or 8.1) but I''m missing 2 files d3d8.h and d3dx8.h (or d3d8 ,d3dx9) . someone told me that it is not going to work eaven I had those two files... what files do I need ...and the size of the files must be as small as they can...because my connection speed is too low ..so I can''t download whole sdk(189 mb). I have some files like .lib files ...byt I missing .h files . Can anybody help me,can anybody tell me what do I have to do to make my directX (8.1 or 9.0) work in VC++ . Please ! I''m novice in this..so can you tell me ful procedure to make directX to work. Thanks forth.
Advertisement
you need to download the SDK, but I think there is a zip out there only with the files that you need (something like 10 MB)

give it a search in google...
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
I have the DX9 headers packed up in a .rar file (approx. 5Mb).

I'll send you a mail asking if you want them and if you do ill mail em to you.

EDIT: Oops, I mean its got the headers and the libs needed.

Darran.

[edited by - DarranJones on September 22, 2003 11:30:57 AM]
Here is the download site for DirectX:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/directx.asp

In particular, it sounds like you''ll want the DirectX 9.0b SDK for C++ developers.

Hope that helps,

- Jon

========================
Jonathan Steed
Software Design Engineer
Windows Graphics and Gaming Technologies
Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
========================Jonathan SteedSoftware Design EngineerWindows Graphics and Gaming TechnologiesMicrosofthttp://blogs.msdn.com/jsteedThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
G''day!

The C++ SDK that Jon mentioned is "only" 99MB. That''s still fairly large, but a lot more manageable than the full 189MB version.

If you just get the headers and libs, you won''t have the developer (debug) runtime. The debug runtime is an INCREDIBLY important tool. If you use a download manager (www.getright.com) then you should have no problem getting the SDK.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
quote:Original post by DrunkenHyena
G''day!

The C++ SDK that Jon mentioned is "only" 99MB. That''s still fairly large, but a lot more manageable than the full 189MB version.

If you just get the headers and libs, you won''t have the developer (debug) runtime. The debug runtime is an INCREDIBLY important tool. If you use a download manager (www.getright.com) then you should have no problem getting the SDK.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena

debug runtime...that remindes me that I wanted to ask somebody can..somebody explain how to use debud in c++ . how do I place the watch ... etc. ..?
99 MB is still wery large for me ... I''m sad because of that but I have to manage without those 99 mb

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement