Degree -- got milk?

Started by
46 comments, last by Lucidquiet 20 years, 6 months ago

Highest Formal Education: High School Graduate

Primary Languages: C++,JAVA,PHP

no plans on getting further 'formal' education,

there is nothing books,life and the internet can't teach me=)

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

[edited by - EDI on September 24, 2003 2:56:22 PM]

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
BS Computer Science, BS Business, MBA Finance

And I invented the Internet.
Hmm, AP == Al Gore
Dave Dak Lozar Loeser
"Software Engineering is a race between the programmers, trying to make bigger and better fool-proof software, and the universe trying to make bigger fools. So far the Universe in winning."--anonymous
Master''s Degree in Information Systems. Graduated from Brigham Young University in 1999.

Worked for a big, bureaucratic company for three years doing very little programming--they had me doing support and documentation. Huge waste of skills!

Thankfully, I got laid off in Sept 2002, and landed a job in a small game development company two months later. I''ve been working happily here ever since.

Looking back, I debate with myself whether I should have gone CS or Info-Sys. I''m glad I went Info-Sys because of the business knowledge I received (believe me, I use it often), but I feel I could have avoided three years of support and documentation if my resume had said CS instead of IS.
I am always open to feedback, positive or negative...
AP = Yo Momma
currently in the 3rd year of a 4 year MEng Computer Science: Software Engineering course. like some other dude said most of the things that were worthwhile learning i learnt by myself (probably a complete misquote), and university is a distraction that stops me from getting interesting stuff done, but what can you do.
B.Sc Physics, 5 years into (and finally finishing up) my Ph.D. in Engineering Physics.

B Sc (Hons) majoring in Comp sci. I did start out trying to do a double major in elec engineering and comp sci but at third year I realized that elec engineering wasn''t for me and dropped out to concentrate on comp sci and programming. doing elec engineering subjects wasted two years of my life learning stuff I had no interest in. I have to admit though, I am probably at a better position to start my B Sc than when I first started now that I actually know how to code! Might be starting on my masters next year.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement