hlep with making games 2d C++

Started by
7 comments, last by Mylu 20 years, 7 months ago
hi i can make dos games with C++ but how can i make a tetris 2d game can you send me a working script for it or a good compiler cus mines rubish off the internet and a program to make 2d games with scripting and wat languages i need or just c++ got any sugesgestions on books to learn 2d game script programing e-mail me with a working tetris script pls or reply and help pls!!! richhotmail789@aol.com Beginner at game programing >.< BUT getting better i hope
Beginner at game programing >.< BUT getting better i hope
Advertisement
For a tetris example in C++ and DirectX:
http://www.codeproject.com/directx/tetris.asp?target=tetris

Tadd
- WarbleWare
Tadd- WarbleWare
or look at allegro

www.allegro.cc

[edited by - kappa on September 22, 2003 5:33:53 PM]
I recently finished my Tetris clone written in C++ using DirectX (DirectDraw, DirectInput and DirectSound) a few weeks ago, you can find the thread here, and you can download the source code here.

Hope it helps.
quote:Original post by kappa
or look at allegro

www.allegro.cc

[edited by - kappa on September 22, 2003 5:33:53 PM]

Yup allegro is really good for 2d games and very easy you don''t even need to know windows programming.
The monkeys are listening...
are thnx but i want to learn how to make 2d games and 3d game like tetris as the source code .......

and anyone know any books or anything to help me learn and do i only need a compiler e.g MSVC (microsoft visual c++)
to make 2d and 2d games pls reply thnx

Beginner at game programing >.< BUT getting better i hope
I have created an engine, with tutorials, specialized in making all types of 2D console-like games. If you''re interested, you can just go to the link in my sig. You can reach me on AOL Instant Messenger on ArmySarj or ShavenMcJaggger.

--Vic--

The future of 2D game development:
Flat Red Ball
"script"?
-------------"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
quote:Original post by Mylu
are thnx but i want to learn how to make 2d games and 3d game like tetris as the source code .......

it means he doesnt want to write it himself, he wants source code, and he doesnt have a good compiler (read higher, he''s using a game maker program that uses some sort of scripting)

helpfull tips...
1. learn c++
2. start with small text games
3. learn simple directx or opengl, and start with small games like tetris

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement