Started by
19 comments, last by masayio34 20 years, 6 months ago
okay i will, thanx
Advertisement
hey i just got a c++ compiler and i have another question
what is the differnce between c-script and c++
C-Script = lame scripting language for some game-making program.
C = A programming language similar to C, but lacking some of it''s newer features
C++ = C with stuff added
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
ok so, c++ is the best. i have a program called 3d GameStudio E5
i think thats what a engine is. what new engine should i use that uses c++ instead of c-script or what ever. x_X
thanx
these forums are soooooo... cool ^.^
C++ is a language. Some engines are made in C++, but you certainly don''t need C++ to make an engine. Just a C++ compiler is enough to make things with it.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
ok thanx alot this is pretty confusing when you first start lol
quote:Original post by masayio34

I felt the same was as you when I first started. I am still new to programming but the initial confusion has worn off . It has been my experience to just learn C++ and everything else will fall into place the more you learn. You will start to learn the syntax and concepts and then suddenly you can start to understand some of what is said on the boards.

After you learn your language (C++ recommended) you choose your API (OpenGL or DirectX). Once you get that far you are on your way!

The thing I recommend to not get burned out and give up is to really understand the concepts of the programming language before moving on to the graphics part of it. Without the programming foundation everything in OpenGL or DirectX will seem confusing and overly hard.

Thats all from me. Good luck!

quote:Original post by PixieDust
quote:Original post by masayio34

I felt the same was as you when I first started. I am still new to programming but the initial confusion has worn off . It has been my experience to just learn C++ and everything else will fall into place the more you learn. You will start to learn the syntax and concepts and then suddenly you can start to understand some of what is said on the boards.

After you learn your language (C++ recommended) you choose your API (OpenGL or DirectX). Once you get that far you are on your way!

The thing I recommend to not get burned out and give up is to really understand the concepts of the programming language before moving on to the graphics part of it. Without the programming foundation everything in OpenGL or DirectX will seem confusing and overly hard.

Thats all from me. Good luck!

well, thanx for the encouragement. it is pretty hard but ill never give up. and as for the graphics i already know a little bit about what im going to do. i have lightwave, maya, and im getting 3d studio max soon :^). i know nothing about the programs maya and 3d studio max.but i know the basics about lightwave (witch is my preferred 3d animation program). when i finish my game which will probably be a very long time since i dont even know how to program yet lol. ill have to show it to you. i just really started using a computer a year ago. when i discovered the wonderful world of the internet. before that i was into anime alot. then i started drawing anime then i started modeling 3d anime characters and now i''m determinded to create an anime game with as many anime characters in it as i can. i aprecieate the encouragement most people dont even like to talk to new-b''s.::THANX-ALOT::

well T2YL
PEACE
Anime game ? I''m a big fan of anime myself but when you say anime game you mean anime style game ? I am a newbie myself in game programming (although I have about 1 year of C++ experience) and if you need any help then just ask. Maybe we can sort this thing out together and work on something. I also practice a lot of drawing (mostly realism and anime style) and have some knowledge of CGing and Photoshop,etc...
Well I can keep on talking but basically I''m just trying to learn too. See u soon.

-RyuJin
quote:Original post by Ryu-Jin
Anime game ? I'm a big fan of anime myself but when you say anime game you mean anime style game ? I am a newbie myself in game programming (although I have about 1 year of C++ experience) and if you need any help then just ask. Maybe we can sort this thing out together and work on something. I also practice a lot of drawing (mostly realism and anime style) and have some knowledge of CGing and Photoshop,etc...
Well I can keep on talking but basically I'm just trying to learn too. See u soon.

-RyuJin

hey, Ryu-Jin the plan i have for a game mainly just to start off, im gonna try and make a 2d 3d anime style game. with all my favorite anime characters (right now he's Sanosuke hehe). but right now i have now idea what im doing so i have alot of learning lol. the only complicated thing i can do is build a webite and im not very good cuz i just started learning html. I know the basics and i plan on making a anime image archive site later on becuase i realized how hard it is to find good rare anime images to draw.
well email me or something and we'll talk about it.
K
t2yl

[edited by - masayio34 on September 22, 2003 11:55:53 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement