• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BungoMan85

finding the registered class names of all running processes

This topic is 5478 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i know how to enumerate all the current processes so that i can get the filename of them and the process id. but what i really need is to find a way to get the registered class name that was used with RegisterClass or RegisterClassEx for EVERY running process. i need this to get an HWND with FindWindow. once i know the class name of the program (i plan on making just a quick consol app that can display all the names and ill find the one that i need) i can get FindWindow to work. i know FindWindow will work if you know the window title, but the window title can change so it wouldnt be reliable. Bungo!

Advertisement
Wouldn''t it just be easier to use EnumWindows to get the handles to the windows? You don''t need anything other than a callback function to use it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!