• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Khanh

draw flare circle?

This topic is 5389 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''d like to add sun into my app by using flares based on 2 lens flare tutorials at gamedev.So far, my sun is a quad with multitexture glow, ring, streak and rays, it''s really a billboard that faces to viewer.It seems OK albeilt the rays are fixed at sun and I guess it should be improved by some kind of ray casting. So my questions are : 1/ how to draw some small flare circles in D3D? is that a quad with texture then scale it along with the line through center of screen?I see the tutorial to tell that I can draw starting from the outer ring color and continuing until I reach the final inner ring color??? how to implement? 2/is there any lens flare tutorial that''s more in detail with D3D? (e.g, how to draw main flare by multitexture, small flare by what, how to use ray casting by occlusion, etc...) Many thanks Khanh

Advertisement
Try this:
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=72#153

EDIT: Yeah...

It’s not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines…

[edited by - Tooko on September 23, 2003 5:44:07 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!