• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daishim

VBScript and Registry

This topic is 5473 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm working on an administration script to monitor the installed programs on computers in the network, however, I've found only two methods of getting the installed programs. Probing the Windows Installer list of programs, which only gives you the list of programs that were installed with Microsoft's Windows Installer. The second is scanning the uninstall directory in the registry for programs, however, this list is not complete either and doesn't always contain pertinent information such as versions and other things etc... Anyway, if someone could help point me into a direction of getting a complete list of programs, that are listed in Add/Remove programs that would be great. Another thing, does anyone know a good place to start looking for a access database usage with VBScript? [edited by - Daishi on September 23, 2003 1:39:15 PM]

Advertisement
Anyone have any examples that I could take a look at or how to scan through the file system object or whatever... I''m new to Scripting and it is some crazy hard to read coding.

Thanks.

I know only that which I know, but I do not know what I know.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!