Will software rasterizers ever pass hardware?

Started by
31 comments, last by Zarmax 20 years, 6 months ago
yeah, the saarcor is part of the openrt page actually.. www.openrt.de

they have tons of papers on how to do raytracing in hw, in software, on todays hw even, and a lot on how to implement fast global illumination in it. they present the first near-realtime full global illumination solution ever. and that directly for billion-triangle scenes:D

raytracers will change the world.. the question is when.. but what we can see from now yet is amazing. i can still not see any good way to do full gi on rastericer hw. without any precalculation.

If that''s not the help you''re after then you''re going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

davepermen.net
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Advertisement
quote:
hm.. what are the caps in dx or the extension string in gl then for? definitely NOT for queriyng support for certain extensions, not? what the **** are you talking?!?? this is so ridiculous.

One word (well, abbreviation) for you: HLSL

cu,
Prefect
Widelands - laid back, free software strategy
one word for you then: profiles.

.. bah .. extensions exist EVERYWHERE, just the interface gets different.

If that''s not the help you''re after then you''re going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

davepermen.net
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement