3d Game Maker

Started by
16 comments, last by Mikey21 20 years, 6 months ago
and if you want to take your reality-factory game farther, and dig into the code eventually, that''s VERY easy too! most of the genesis3d tutorials on www.genesis3d.com work exactly the same with RF.
Advertisement
Buy Half-Life or Unreal. They should be pretty cheap by now and both have very cool map tools.

[edited by - KingGenesis on September 24, 2003 6:59:46 AM]
quote:Original post by KingGenesis
Buy Half-Life or Unreal. They should be pretty cheap by now and both have very cool map tools.

[edited by - KingGenesis on September 24, 2003 6:59:46 AM]

Worldcraft for Half-Life and QERadiant for Quake. I think Unreal uses Worldcraft to.

First make it work,
then make it fast.

--Brian Kernighan

"The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men and women who can dream of things that never were." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
Unreal uses UnrealED. Which IMO is easier to learn than Worldcraft.

[edited by - kingGenesis on September 24, 2003 8:54:56 AM]
quote:
If you want modeler, just to try to see if you can model, try Blender. (Disclaimer: You cannot sue me for having major headaces, migranes, or suicidal thooughts because you tried to use Blender without reading any tutorials.)

<hr>
<font size="1"><a href="http://wiseelben.com">WiseElben.com</a> | <a href="http://xanga.com/wiseelben">My Journal</a> | <a href="http://gamedev.net/profile/profile.asp?id=42426">My Profile</a></font>
<SPAN CLASS=editedby>[edited by - GameDev Staff on September 27, 1989 9X:58:97 XMS] For violating Article 43 Page 456 Paragraph 251 Line .042]</span>

Some versions of Blender have a game engine built in too... The interface is differant though--you definately need tuts.
Hello I followed your advice too, I downloaded the Reality Factory Zip file. But when I try to run the program, it says that it can''t find the necessary DLL- file Decrypt. Dll.
I''m a noob, what does this mean?

Thanks

Jakoozie
Jakoozie
If you only need software for modelling then try Gmax. Check it out at www.discreet.com .

cu
Tom
<<Hello I followed your advice too, I downloaded the Reality Factory Zip file. But when I try to run the program, it says that it can''t find the necessary DLL- file Decrypt. Dll.

A dll is a dynamic link library. It''s a special file that either has to be in window''s system or in the directory of the game. My guess is that the installation went bad somehow. I would suggest doing a file search for it. If it exists, place a copy in the realityfacory070 directory.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement