is WGPFD == TWGPG ?

Started by
4 comments, last by Joker2002 20 years, 6 months ago
One of the only complaints I''ve heard about Lamothe''s TWGPGs is that the first edition is almost exactly the same as the second edition (just that the 2nd edition is much more expensive). Along this same line, how does WGPFD compare to them? I bought WGPFD a long time ago, but only recently have I begun understanding some of the concepts (I ALWAYS get stuck on the bitmap section). Is Tricks different enough (or better enough) from WGP for Dummies that it would be worth buying?
Advertisement
Why not download it and find out the differences?

EDIT: Oops, it's protected against hotlinking... lame, because the normal download fails in Mozilla Firebird.

[edited by - cowsarenotevil on September 23, 2003 8:20:53 PM]
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
The second edition added 16 bit support to the library he provides, and also fixed some glaring errors from the first edition. As I recall, the code was also upgraded to DirectDraw7.

As to your question, Tricks has a good deal more info than WGPD. And a lot of useful material on the CD. I picked up both when they were first published, and didn''t regret getting Tricks at all. I still refer to it when I need to do DDraw stuff.
quote:Original post by Aldacron
The second edition added 16 bit support to the library he provides, and also fixed some glaring errors from the first edition. As I recall, the code was also upgraded to DirectDraw7.

In the second edition there''s also an extra chapter, which discusses text games (in dos).
Yes, that was also part of the first edition, but it was on the DOC (or pdf?) file on the CD. Also, it''s not DOS It''s a Win32 Console app.
quote:Original post by Aldacron
Yes, that was also part of the first edition, but it was on the DOC (or pdf?) file on the CD. Also, it''s not DOS It''s a Win32 Console app.

You''re right, that''s what I meant though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement