• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoser

MySQL and distribution question.

This topic is 5474 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering about the following situation. I am writing some code and I was thinking about using MySQL with the code. I will want to distribute the final product free of charge, however, there are some portions of the code which I do not want to share, except in binary format. That is, I would like to know if I am in violation of the GPL if I use the GPL license for MySQL, but do not give free access to the entire source code of the final product. Note that I am not intending to modify the MySQL libraries in any fashion (if this matters or not). The commercial license isn''t an option (too many copies to license, and not enough $$$). Thanks, Mike

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!